Drawing is language of Engineers, a media for expression of creative work of Architects and a bridge between creation and execution.
A Draftsman is an artist skilled in “technical drawing”. The 'skill' is to draw complex instructions precisely and accurately. The 'art' is to arrange that information in an organised way which is also easily readable.
Drafting includes any task that utilizes graphics to convey instructions to another person. Commonly this is associated with the making of plans for structures or mechanical devices before they are built.
Disciplines of drafting include: Civil, Structural, Architectural, Plumbing, Cartography, Electrical, Thermodynamics (and HVAC), Mechanical, Hydraulics, Telecommunications, Materials, Aerodynamics, and Archaeology.
A draughtsman or draftsman (the former more often in the UK, the latter more often in the US), is a person skilled in drawing, either drawing for artistic purposes, or technical drawing for practical purposes such as architecture or engineering. The modern draughtsman use computer aided drafting (CAD) software to produce drawings..
CAD, or computer aided design, is the principal tool used by drafters to create drawings or plans. AutoCAD, MicroStation, Archicad, Vector Works, Allplan, 3D Max are some popular CAD software packages out of many.
All India MES Civilian Draughtsman Assn (AIMCDA) was registered under the societies registration act vide No. S/10329 dt 27 Jun 1979. At present assn have 269 Tech Offrs and 329 Draughtsman as its members.
• To promote scientific and technical knowledge, amongst its members and apply to improve quality and efficiency of work in the deptt.,
• To promote literacy co-operation and unity amongst members,
• To safeguard and promote the welfare activities of common interest of its members,
• To afford social and recreational facilities to its members,
• To promote co-operation amongst other Draughts men Organization
• To do all such things as are incidental and ancillary to the promotion of the cause of the above mentioned objects of the association.